Tel: 01728 746916
Livery & Loaning
All you need to know about:
Our Yard Facilities
Short term stabling,
Loaning a pony from us
Loaning a pony to us
If we haven't answered your questions below, please email or call to see if we can help you.
Horse owners keep their horses at our friendly, well equiped yard on a schooling or working livery basis. It is also possible to bring horses for a short stay while you are on holiday, or for overnight stabling when attending local horse shows. For those who do not have their own horses, Valley Farm operates a loan scheme.
If you are looking for a home for your horse while you are away at university for example, or you require a long term home for a horse that you may have out grown, but do not wish to sell to an unknown future we may be able to help you. We are able to accommodate a limited number of donated horses. Please call Sarah to discuss the options if you feel this could be a helpful solution for you.
- Yard Facilities
For security the yard is gated and covered by CCTV. The tack room is alarmed. The owner lives on the property. All stables are fitted with electric lighting, automatic water drinkers and kick bolts on the doors.
Highly commended by the British Horse Society, we have around 80 acres of traditional meadows, fenced with electric fencing, and automatic water drinkers. Horses are usually stabled during the day, and turned out over night. The pastures are grazed in rotation.
The following facilities are available for use by livery owners: Restaurant. Vending machines. Toilets. Showers. Indoor Schools. Surfaced all-weather outdoor arenas and paddocks. Show jumps. Cross country jumps. Three miles of farm tracks including gallops and woodland.
Livery owners are welcome to join lessons in the riding school and enter our competitions. Livery owners enjoy discounted rates for group lessons, private lessons and competitions. Lessons are available in jumping, flatwork, lunging, western, side saddle, vaulting, natural horsemanship, stable management, carriage driving, horseball, polocrosse, and more!
We are OFSTED registered allowing you peace of mind when leaving your children with us for the whole day. Our Club atmosphere encourages those who wish to become involved in chosing activities to take part in, and helping to make it a livery yard that is suited to the existing livery owners.
We believe in treating others as we would like to be treated and so, in addition to providing excellent facilities and service, horse well-being is of upmost importance to us. We care for livery horses as if they are our own. You can find out more about our ethos on horse well-being here.
- Working Livery
- Ideal for owners who do not have time to exercise their horse every day. We take responsibility for the full care, feeding, bedding etc of your horse so no need to worry if you can't get here every day. The horse must have tack provided and be available to be ridden by members of staff and suitable clients at certain hours during the week and at weekends.
- Schooling Livery
- As with working livery we take responsibility for the full care, feeding, bedding etc of your horse, but in addition we will discuss a suitable schooling programme with you to best meet the needs of you and your horse.
Short term Livery
If you are staying on holiday either at Valley Farm, or in the local area, then we may be able to accommodate your horse during your stay. Short tem liveries are not usually mixed with the herd, but have a seperate field to themselves.
Loaning a Pony from us
If you don't own your own pony you can loan one from Valley Farm. We have a wide range of horses and ponies suitable for different sizes and abilities of riders. If you would like a pony to call your own, and live within easy reach of Valley Farm, then our loan system might be for you.
- Advantages of loaning
- Helpful for children or adults to learn about the responsiblities of horse ownership while receiving guidance from us when required.
- Gain confidence in carrying out every day tasks required for horse ownership.
- Loaners and horses benefit from being able to spend time together outside of lessons. Loaners can join in with all our stable management and horse care lessons free of charge.
- Loaners can practice what they have learned during their riding and stable management lessons.
- Loaners are encouraged to assist with all areas of caring for and looking after their horses wellbeing.
- Access to our club facebook pages where we share horse care and training tips.
- Set livery price during the contract.
- Replacement horse supplied if pony is unable to work.
- Company to ride with.
- Ride as often as you like.
- Free use of Indoor School, jumps, hack routes etc.
Reduced riding lesson rate.
- Reduced rate for competitions and training days.
- Staff and first aiders on call whilst riding.
We care for the horse when loaner is not arround.
No problems of having to sell horse when its outgrown.
A great way to fully try out one of our ponies if you are interested in buying it.
A good way to find out if you have the time for a horse, if you are interested in buying your own, but don't want to make a large financial commitment straight away.
Disadvantages of loaning
Horse can not be removed to a different livery yard.
Advantages to the loaned horse/pony.
- Livery goes some way towards horses keep.
Horse/pony gets extra T.L.C.
- Horses/ponies available for loan at present:
- Lulabelle, Kite, Kestrel, Trigger, Zephyr, Sparticus, Sirocco, Star, Rockie
Loaning a Horse or Pony to Valley Farm
Occasionally when space permits, we are able to accept horses on a long term loan or donation. There is often high demand so we are not able to accommodate every horse that is applied for, but if possible, we will try to help. Horses on loan to, or donated to Valley Farm must be healthy, vaccinated and suitable to be ridden by staff and clients in the riding school. We are sometimes able to offer a short term place to horses/ponies during July and August.
All horses must have third party cover. Any tack left on the premises must be insured by the owner.
Please contact us for details of prices and availability of space if you would like to bring a horse in livery or are interested in loaning a pony from us, or if you would like to loan or donate a horse/pony to us, please contact Sarah. 01728 746916 or email email@example.com