Tel: 01728 746916
Riding at Valley Farm
- Weight Limit
- Please note that in the interests of animal welfare, our weight limit for horse riding is 13 stone 82 kgs, for Side saddle, Western and our other specialist disciplines it is 12 stone 76kgs. Our weight limit for Children's residential holidays and activity days is 10 stone (63kgs). It is embarrassing for us and for you to have to ask you to stand on the scales when you arrive, so please weigh yourself at home in your riding gear before booking.
- Larger people may be interested in carriage driving lessons, horse agility, or stable management and horse care lessons.
- Lessons at Valley Farm are either for one hour or half an hour, this includes mounting and dismounting time. We offer lessons for all standards of rider across a wide range of equestrian disciplines. We have a team of dedicated enthusiastic teaching staff, all with slightly different teaching styles, so you are sure to find a lesson to suit your needs.
- Special Needs
- If you have any special needs which will require a specialist horse or equipment, please let us know at the time of booking. We have specialist tack and well trained horses, in order to help most people to be able to enjoy horses. You can find more information about what we offer for those with disabilities here.
- Tiny Tots
- Young children, aged from two up to about six, can join our special half hour fun classes led by mum or dad on Saturday and Sunday mornings. For those who have never ridden, a 20 minute one to one lead rein lesson can be arranged to help get into the swing of things. The under 3's can ride on one of our miniature ponies. We also have a tots club on Wednesday mornings during termtime. (For more info see our TOTS PONY CLUB page)
- Other Lessons
- For riders wishing to try something a little different, lessons can be arranged in a number of other equestrian disciplines:
- Vaulting or lunge lessons are excellent for riders wanting to gain confidence in canter. Good fun, and a great way of keeping fit. See our VAULTING page for more details.
- Western lessons are ideal for those who like a slightly slower pace, or who want to brush up on their skills before going on a ranch holiday. Please see our WESTERN RIDING page.
- Side saddle lessons are available for those who would like to try their hand at something a little different. See our SIDE SADDLE page for more information anout this elegant style of riding.
- Horseball is a fast and exciting sport, for the more adventurous rider. Lessons in the basics are available. Our HORSEBALL page gives you more information about this great game.
- Polocrosse Lessons in the basics are available, to start you off, or give you the chance to have a go at this skilled game.
- Carriage Driving, and Agricultural Horse driving Do you enjoy horses, but do not wish to ride? See our Carriage Driving page for more information about carriage driving lessons in singles or pairs, carriage rides, or training your own pony for driving.
We are OFSTED registered VC374742 and childcare vouchers are accepted for most lessons, activity days and holidays.